January 19, 2013

Return of John Galliano


After losing his job at Dior back in March 2011 for making anti-Semitic remarks, this year has seen the return of one of the industry's most talented designers. John has accepted a 3 week residency offered to him, at Oscar de la Renta in the run-up to fashion week.

'John and I have known each other for many years and I am a great admirer of his talent,' de la Renta said. 'He has worked long and hard on his recovery and I am happy to give him the opportunity to re-immerse himself in the world of fashion and reacclimate in an environment where he has been so creative.'

John replied with, "I am grateful to Oscar beyond words for inviting me to spend time with him in the familiar surroundings of a design studio. His support and faith in me is humbling."
John's return to the design world is strongly supported by the  Anti-Defamation League, who he has worked with in the past few years to try and rectify his actions as he overcame his alcoholism.

It will be interesting to see where John goes from here and how the public, and fashion world, accept his return. I would  love to see designs from him in the future, as no one has the imagination and design skill, like Galliano.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment