February 11, 2013

Osman Yousefzada



Osman Yousefzada studied Fashion design at Central St. Martins before launching his own label in 2005, after growing up making clothes. This little known couturier has been blown onto the fashion radar after Beyonce wore one of his jumpsuits to the Grammys. Osman has been showing his collections at London Fashion Week for six years and is well known for his beautiful tailoring, fitting perfectly to any woman. He has an enviable client list including, Lady Gaga, Caroline Issa, Tallulah Harlech, to name a few. The perfect brand for strong, independent women.


Here he explains his passion for dressing woman - "I grew up watching women coming and going from my mothers workroom...I think that is why I love dressing women, and no two are the same," he says. "I know the transformative power of well cut clothes, and I guess what I do is work with my experience of women to create the right clothes for them. My method is, well...basically I will bend over backwards to help someone find the right thing. If a client comes to me " - 15% of his business is bespoke, and he has 80 global retail clients - "and needs something in two days, I will do it. I'm a worker. My motto is "I learn by client" which is something I have also heard Azzedine Alaia say, he needs to work on his women in order to keep learning. He is an inspiration to me."  
 




Osman also runs a seasonal journal called 'The Collective'

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment