July 01, 2013

Kirsty Mitchell







Continued after the jump






































































I know this post is crazy huge, but I felt it important to show this photo-set in its beautiful entirety, so it can be fully enjoyed. It's one of my favourites and every time I see them, my breath is taken away by the detail in each stunning image.

'Kirsty Mitchell’s late mother Maureen was an English teacher who spent her life inspiring generations of children with imaginative stories and plays. Following Maureen’s death from a brain tumour in 2008, Kirsty channelled her grief into her passion for photography.
She retreated behind the lens of her camera and created Wonderland, an ethereal fantasy world. The photographic series began as a small summer project but grew into an inspirational creative journey.
‘Real life became a difficult place to deal with, and I found myself retreating further into an alternative existence through the portal of my camera,’ said the artist.'

This photo-set was 3 years in the making, and created on a shoestring budget. Great care was taken in putting together each image, some even taking up to 5 months, Kirsty would often wait an entire year to find the perfect natural setting for her shots. True dedication.




Love


No comments:

Post a Comment