July 24, 2011

vintage tiddings

i went to the hop farm today with my daddy, brother and my bubble, for the war and peace show that runs annually. we had SO much fun, im not overly into war myself but it was incredibly interesting. VERY hot though, i was dead on my feet by the end, that combined with 5 hours sleep, damn you jaws 3 (i dont know what possessed me to watch it either).
i loved how eveyone really gets into the spirit of it all, bringing along their own vehicles etc to show, as well as majority of the people there dressed in either army gear or vintage clothing of around the 40s ish. the atmosphere is amazing :)




there was also so many stalls there where you could buy a variety of things, from guns, swords, army kit, and army antiques to vintage (my personnal favourite). i dragged the boys through so many stalls, poor things, and fell in love with a vintage aviator jacket. however, sadly it was around the £200 mark so i didnt get it. i did purchase a vintage fox fur stole however, its gorgeous beyond words, its so think and gloriously soft. i just keep stroking it haha, cannot wait to wear it in the winter. they did sell ones that were complete in the sense they still had arms, legs, tails and heads, but that freaked me out too much. i'd only ever buy vintage fur anyway.



hope you've all had good weekends

love

1 comment:

  1. these pictures are encouraging me to join the military..but i cant join due to some problem, but i used to wear military clothing to satisfy myself..

    ReplyDelete