January 15, 2013

D.I.Y




I've seen a few garters like this floating around the internet, but rather than pay out for one, I decided to make my own. I brought all of the items needed off of eBay so the cost of production was kept low. Im fairly pleased with the result, however I would like to get bigger D-link rings, the heart rings and studs, so future garters are a bit more dramatic and eye catching and I can cut the leather wider. I'm not overly pleased with the back of it, I think the wide elastic next to the thin leather doesn't look good. This one is rather small and delicate. I will also look into other items that can be attached to them, such as flat studs, rhinestones and flowers.
It didn't take too long to make, about 20 minutes or so, and because of the studs, it needed no stitches. I self measured with a bit of ribbon so its not overly accurate haha.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment